Friday, February 10, 2012

Today is the day


Today is the day
Rejoice.  Be glad in it.


“If only I had…”

“As soon as I make more money, then I’ll be able to…”

“Once I get a girlfriend, then I’ll…”

“If I ever get married I will…”

“If I get the promotion, then I’ll be able to…”

“When things calm down at work, then…”

“I used to be able to…”

“Back in the day I was…”

We all do it.  We become consumed with our ever hopeful predictions of how “great” it will be one day or we romanticize the past and how “great” we had it back in the day. 

I do it all the time…far too often.  Maybe you do too…

OneMoreStep Thought for TODAY:  Yesterday’s events can’t be changed.  Game over.  Tomorrow’s events, while they may be important, are a whole day away.  TODAY IS THE DAY THAT MATTERS

We often get so wrapped up in how great it will be one day “when”…or how great we once had it.

Rather than “living” in the unchangeable past or dwelling on the uncontrollable future, what if we set out to crush life today?  Our mood all of a sudden transitions from doom & gloom to positive & productive.  We add to everyone else’s experience by uplifting their spirits instead of dragging them down.

Maybe we did have it made a few years ago, a week ago, or yesterday.  We may very well nail it pretty soon and make all our dreams come true.  Either way, we must make it through today

Today is the day we should appreciate.  It’s real.  It’s really happening…for better or for worse, whether it’s what we wanted or not; these are the cards we’ve been dealt.  So… let’s deal. 

Today is the day…We get one shot at it.  Enjoy it.  Embrace it.  Appreciate it.  Capitalize on it.  Be glad in it.  If we don’t, then you can bet that tomorrow, next week, next month, or next year we’ll look back and wish we did. 

We’ll wish we laughed more when we had the chance.  We’ll wish we told them just how happy they made us.  We’ll wish we focused on the good rather than the bad.  We’ll realize that job we thought we hated or those people with whom we couldn’t see eye-to-eye…maybe they weren’t so bad after all.  We’ll look back and wish we had appreciated the opportunities we had to make an impact, make a difference, and/or make magic…when we had the chance.

Not yesterday…Not tomorrow…today is the dayDon’t miss it.  Time is ticking…24 hours…86,400 Seconds in a day.  What are we going to do with them?

Today is the day to go OneMoreStep…early and often.  Tomorrow it might be too late.

“This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” - Psalm 118:24

Have a great day.

Taylor


One for the road…

Church is and always has been important to me.  My church here in Las Vegas, Central Christian Church, props me up, gives me hope, brightens my day, and strengthens my faith.

We were fortunate enough to have Lincoln Brewster lead our praise and worship portion of the program this past Sunday.  Lincoln is a singer/songwriter and worship leader in the Sacramento area.  He was great…flat out crushes it.

He and his band did this song…it’s been my jam all week.  Get into it…if it lifts even one person’s spirits it will have been worth it to post.  

If you like it...share it.  Somebody else might want it, they might need it, and this could be what props them up.  Today is the day...

Today is the Day…Lincoln Brewster


2 comments:

  1. Taylor - awesome post!

    This reminded me of a picture I saw (maybe an ad) of a runner, all bundled up and mid-stride on a snowy sidewalk. The caption read "You wait for perfect weather. I'll train."

    If you wait for that last domino to be put in place, you'll always find an excuse to wait.

    ReplyDelete