· Give life and meaning to otherwise meaningless situations
· Support the greater good and a higher purpose, other than ‘self’
· Ground us in familiarity, common bonds, and a sense of belonging
· Complement individual strengths with the power of the sum of all the parts
· Offer comfort, assistance, and encouragement
· Serve their people well…
Even for those of us that enjoy our “alone time”, and for folks with a high need to ‘handle it’ on their own…the old adage, “there’s strength in numbers” is true.
A group of folks from our church put together a late lunch for our family after the funeral.