Friday, April 6, 2012

Good...


Good…

A Good story, for Good Friday...

A few days ago someone saw the OneMoreStepRevolution logo as the background wallpaper on my phone.  She asked me what it was.   

I told her about this blog, and I pulled up the site on my phone to show her…she caught a quick glimpse of a Bible verse I have in the header – Proverbs 11:25.

As soon as she saw Proverbs 11:25 displayed across the top, she backed away and said, “I don’t know, T. Scott…looks like too much God to me.”

Call me sensitive. (Accurate assessment.)  Call me emotional. (Even a more accurate assessment.) But at that very moment, otherwise in a great mood, ready to attack the day, I was hurt.  I actually felt broken hearted.  How could anyone ever say anything is, “…too much God?” 

I thought:

God loves…
He loves all of us, despite our consistent imperfection.  That’s good.

God cares...
He cares so much that he’ll take on our worries for us.  That’s good.

God is faithful…
He is unchanging, enduring, and never leaves us.  That’s good.

God gives us hope…
He has plans for all of us…a future that is good.

I collected myself…and tried to end the conversation on a good note.

{A few friends have emailed and sent texts over the past year, calling my attention to this verse, as it fits with our OneMoreStepRevolution community’s passion for making a positive difference in the lives of others.  So recently I added Proverbs 11:25 to the top of the blog.}

I turned to her and said, “Proverbs 11:25 says ‘A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.’ “

She looked back at me, her face lit up with a big smile, and she said, “…Oh…ok...now that IS good.”  I felt better.  I felt good.

 No matter what your holiday…God is good

Happy Easter…Happy Passover

Looking up.

Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment